We exist to lead people into a growing
relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Growing Relationship: We define a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as growth in three vital relationships; intimacy with God, community with other believers and influence with the unchurched.
- Spiritual Formation: We believe that we cooperate with God in growing people’s faith through the five faith catalysts: practical teaching, private disciplines, personal ministry, providential relationships, and pivotal circumstances.
We strive to attract and engage unchurched people.
- Recognizing the gravitational pull for all churches is always toward insiders, we are committed to focusing on people we are trying to reach (outsiders) rather than the reached (insiders).
- We believe church should be the safest place on earth for everyone to talk about anything.
- We manage the tension between truth and grace. Jesus was the fullness of, not the balance of, grace and truth. As a result . . .
- We distinguish between theology and ministry—between what we believe and how we behave based on what we believe.
- We prefer to be known by what we are for, not what or whom we’re against.
- We emphasize having conversations over creating policies.
We practice a strategic model of ministry designed to move people into community.
- Irresistible Environments: We think Jesus was irresistible and, therefore, his church should be as well. So, we are committed to creating irresistible environments that serve as steps to community.
- Engaging Worship Service: We create relevant services that make people want to come back and take next steps. We define relevance as an engaging presentation with helpful content given in an appealing context.
- Groups Model: We believe life change happens best in the context of intentional relationships, and BeGroups (small groups) provide a healthy onramp for intentional relationships to form. That’s why we believe circles are better than rows.
- Prioritize Children’s/Student Ministry: We want this generation of young people to be the next generation of church leaders, so we invest heavily in them.
We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God, that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and was buried, that He was raised from the dead, and was seen.
(I Cor. 15:36;
Core Theological Beliefs
- We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who became flesh to reveal God to humanity.
- We believe that all people are created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but are alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience.
- We believe that salvation comes by God’s grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ's sacrificial death and empowering resurrection.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God and is authoritative in all areas it addresses.
- We believe that the church, as the body of Christ, carries the message of hope to the world.
For more information about Believers beliefs, you can view our Elders position papers here.